Monday, December 31, 2012

Celebrating Six! and Ten! (and Twenty-One!)

I always feel so proud of myself when I can keep December together.
I get the shopping done.
The cards get mailed.
The gifts get wrapped.

And then, when I am not paying attention, the birthdays hit!

With three birthday's within a week of Christmas, it always throw me!

Luckily Tanner's birthdays are easy now that he is an adult
(Happy Birthday to Tanner on the 27th - the big #21!!!)

J's SIXTH birthday was on the 22nd.
The poor kid has yet to have his mother pull together a real birthday party - complete with invites and gift bags and a guest list.
I'm not going to fool you - this year was no different.
I told him to pick his two closest friends and I emailed their moms with a couple day's notice. 
Not quite pinterest-able, but it totally worked.

I took the birthday boy and his two chosens and let them run around Pump it Up until they were completely exhausted!


When we left Pump it Up, I asked "hamburgers or pizza?"
Pizza won the vote so I stopped and picked it up on our way home.

As the boys ate their pizza feast, I quickly frosted the cake, shaping it into a "Snowman" as per the birthday boy's request.



And then it was time for gifts...





What can I say?
I know how to throw a party...zero preparation required!
Rumor has it, mother's everywhere are throwing the themed parties, complete with matching water bottles, out the window in favor of my party plan.

2013...the year of the no-preparation party.
Your welcome!

and then....
just as we were coming out of the Christmas haze, C's TENTH birthday was on the 31st!
We celebrated as a family (his friend party was last year and I only do parties every other year)
the night before his birthday with his special dinner, gifts and a cake not shaped as anything (at the birthday boy's request - I am not THAT big of a slacker!)


(obviously it was so exciting that he lost his shirt somewhere amongst all of the gift wrap)



We made it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF OUR BIRTHDAY BOYS!

1 comment:

Neesha said...

I can barely hold December together with just Christmas! You are Super Mom!